Knai Bang Chatt
Phum Thmey, Sangkat Prey Thom, Kep City, Kep Province Kingdom of Cambodia.
+855 (0) 36 210 310 email@example.com
A driving force behind the clean lines and minimalist style of Knai Bang Chatt is adopted from the ancient Japanese philosophy of Wabi Sabi, which places importance on rustic simplicity, understated elegance, and the inherent beauty of imperfection.
Appreciation for the elements and the ingenuous integrity of natural objects can be found in our polished teak wood beds, natural earthy tones, and imperfect ceramic lamps and vases. Throughout the property, trees, pebbled pathways, and natural bamboo screens define the open space and time-weathered wood is transformed into seating and dining areas that blend seamlessly into the relaxed and beautiful surroundings.
When Knai Bang Chatt was first established as a private home, it was important to the original owners – Jef Moons and Boris Vervoordt – to include cultural artifacts and historical works of art throughout the property.
After the full renovation in 2012, more artifacts and local art pieces were sourced and incorporated into the rooms, providing a sense of history and appreciation for authenticity and Khmer relics.
Knai Bang Chatt has one single room, Room 5 (21sqm) located on the first floor of the iconic Blue Villa. The garden view room, with a twin bed and large, beautifully tiled bathroom, has it’s own private balcony and shared use of a large terrace with beautiful views overlooking the gardens and Gulf of Siam.
There are three twin rooms on the property.
- Room 1 (26sqm) on the first floor of the Grey Villa has two double beds, a comfortable sofa, and shared use of a large outdoor terrace with scenic views out to the sea. (Combines well with Room 2 for larger parties or families)
Garden Double Rooms
The property features seven individually appointed Garden Double Rooms.
- Room 3 (25sqm) on the ground floor of the Blue Villa has a 4-poster bed and a garden view.
- Room 8 (31sqm) on the ground floor and Room 11
Sea View Double Rooms
Our Sea view Double Rooms are the most popular six rooms on the property.
- Room 2 (38sqm) on the first floor of the Grey Villa has an excellent sea view, separate lounge area with comfortable seating and a TV, and shared use of a private terrace with outdoor seating. (Combines well with Room 1 for larger parties or families).
- Room 4 (25sqm) on the ground floor and Room 6 (27sqm) on the first floor of the Blue Villa, both have beautiful views of the sea and a private terrace.
- Room 7 (38sqm) on the ground floor and Room 9 (38sqm) on the first floor of the Brown Villa feature uninterrupted sea views, seating areas, and large bathrooms.
- Room 13 (37sqm) on the first floor of the Red Villa has a stunning pool/sea view, sitting alcove, and special access to the outdoor sitting lounge above the Library.
Knai Bang Chatt Suite
Our unique open plan suite, Room 18 (80sqm), encompasses the entire second floor of the New Villa. Entered through its own private staircase, the suite contains a large sleeping area, separate lounge area with comfortable seating and a flat screen TV, large double-sized bathtub, and a private terrace with spectacular views of the sea.
As one of Kep’s only high-end restaurants, The Strand concept is to provide healthy and delicious cuisine from fresh and local products, including the abundant fish, crab, and seafood that is collected daily from the surrounding sea. The Strand offers two options for fine dining – relax and enjoy the sea breeze in our open-air pavilion or stay cool in the new air-conditioned fine dining restaurant. Whichever you choose, you will be served with friendly and professional service in an elegant atmosphere.
Introducing The Chef’s Table @ The Strand:
A unique dining experience where healthy and delicious signature dishes are prepared and served by Knai Bang Chatt chefs. Highlighting traditional Khmer herbs, spices and local produce, these daily 4-course lunch menus are available for USD $25. Reservations required.
The Sailing Club
The ideal seaside destination to relax and enjoy sunset, the Sailing Club Restaurant & Bar offers a variety of cocktails/wines/beers and an extensive menu of local seafood and tasty western favorites. Housed in a former fisherman’s cottage directly over the sea, the Sailing Club is open daily for lunch and dinner from 10AM – 10PM.
Relaxation and tranquility are key elements at Knai Bang Chatt and whether you choose a rejuvenating treatment in the SPA or a relaxing massage just meters from the sea, the SPA of Knai Bang Chatt will pamper and enchant you. Using pure essential oils and natural ingredients, our products are n0t just indulgent, but wonderful for your skin and body. Experience the best of Khmer and Asian massages combined with superb skills and human tenderness to help you achieve a state of pure bliss. Our products are hand blended with our own ingredients and contain rich, natural and organic ingredients.
The SPA is your private time to relax, unwind, recharge, and rejuvenate.
Soak up the sun, read a book, or simply relax and enjoy the beautiful view from our tranquil, seaside infinity pool. Our poolside bar service will keep you hydrated and refreshed.
OTHER HOTELS you may like…